Montessori Baby

The author, trained as a Montessori primary teacher (AMI), documents and analyzes her efforts to raise a "Montessori" baby.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

What's This New Interest All About?

With this post comes a promise to renew my efforts to post regularly. There's lots going on as we approach Alex's second birthday...toilet learning, dressing, sleep, language, preparing food....

But for the moment, I simply have a question for my fellow Montessorians...

One of Alex's new favorite activities (probably THE favorite activity) is "set-ups." He will take a group of plastic animals or trains around the house and line them up in different positions in different locations. Today, for example, he kept lining them up on various tables with all their tails in the same direction or putting them all under the covers of his bed. What is driving this??

2 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Marcy said...

Maybe it's an exploration of order?

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Rochelle said...

I use to llllove to do this as a child. I would rather "set up" my barbies or dolls or playmobiles than actually "play" with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home